Summary of the history for Master Program in Physiological and Anatomical Medicine
1. Date of granting the M.S. program for the Institute of Neuroscience: 1998
2. Date of granting the M.S. program for the Institute of Integrating Physiology and Clinical Medicine: 2004
3. Date of changing the name from the Institute of Integrating Physiology and Clinical Medicine to the Institute of Physiological and Anatomical Medicine: 2008
4. Date of merging with the Institute of Neuroscience: 2009
A Brief Overview for Master Program in Physiological and Anatomical Medicine
Since the anatomy and physiology are the base and the bridge of basic biomedical fields to investigate the clinical relevant studies and even translational medicine, Master Program in Physiological and Anatomical Medicine provides the integrating obligatory courses, including the System-Based Integrated Course I and II, Basic Anatomical and Physiological Experimental Techniques, Principles and Applications of Thesis Writing I and II, Teaching Practice, Seminar I~IV…etc. We also provide couples of selective courses, including the Fluorescence Technology and Application, Techniques in Electrophysiology, Physiology and Pharmacology of the Autonomic Nervous System, Psychiatric Disorders and Non-degenerative Neural Diseases, Respiratory Physiology, Endocrine Physiology, Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration and Neuroregeneration, Behavioral Neuroscience …etc to graduate students for further and advance choices.
Currently the program has 11 full time faculty members and 1 faculty member with joint appointment, consisting of 2 professor, 6 associate professors and 3 assistant professors. The research activities in our department include the cell cultures, in vitro preparations and animal models to study the fields of neuroscience, cardiovascular, respiratory, reproductive, energy metabolism, biological clock. To find out more information in the research field of each faulty member in details please refers to his/her CV and bibliography.
Training the teaching and researching master with integrating the knowledge and applications in the fields of cellular to systematic medicine.
Core abilities after graduation
1. Having the knowledge and experimental skills for physiological and anatomical fields.
2. Having the presenting abilities for professional knowledge.
3. Having the ethnics for researching and working circumstance.
Research fields in our faculty
1. Neuroscience fields, including the neurodegeneration, neuroregeneration, pain sensation, stress responses…etc.
2. Cardiovascular fields, including the central regulation, hypertension, drug abuse-related cardiovascular disorders…etc.
3. Respiratory fields, including the mechanisms of asthma and sleep apnea…etc.
4. Reproductive fields, including the sperm motility and regulation of female hormones…etc.
5. Energy Metabolism fields, including the pathophysiology of insulin resistance, diabetes, gluconeogenesis…etc.
6. Biological Clock fields, including the shift work and jet lag-related disorders…etc.
|Name||title||Expertise or Research interest|
|Guo-Fang Tseng, Ph.D.||Professor||Neural injury, Neuroregeneration|
|Ching-Jung Lai, Ph.D.||Professor||Pathophysiological mechanism of sleep apnea and asthma|
|Kun-Ruey Shieh, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Chronobiology, Neuroscience, Energy Metabolism|
|Hsun-Hsun Lin, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Central mechanism and therapy of hypertension: drug-induced and intermittent hypoxia-induced hypertension|
|Han-Chen Ho, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Reproductive Biology, Electron Microscopy, Microbial Ecology|
|Pei-Hsin Liu, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Neuroscience and Neurobiology|
|Kun-Ta Yang, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Intracellular ion regulation in apoptosis, cell proliferation and differentiation, stem cell therapy|
|Chung-Chih Kuo, Ph.D.||Associate Professor||Electrophysiology, Neuroscience|
|Wang, Yueh-Jan, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Gross anatomy, Histology, Neuroanatomy|
|Zung-Fan Yuan, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Central mechanism of stress|
|Li-Jin Chen, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Neuroscience, Brain plasticity, Neurobiology|
|Huai-Ren Chang, M.D. & Ph.D.||Assistant Professor(joint appointment)||Channel biophysics, Molecular pharmacology, Electrophysiology|